B-Complex is a comprehensive formula including Metafolin®, Methylcobalamin Vitamin B12, and Intrinsic Factor in its formulation. Metafolin® contains only the S isomer of 5-MTHF and has been shown to be the only form of folate to be able to cross the blood-brain barrier. Studies indicate that methylcobalamin, a coenzyme form of B12, may be better utilized and better retained in the body. Intrinsic factor is a protein produced by cells in the stomach lining and is needed for the intestines to absorb vitamin B12 efficiently.
B-Complex w/Metafolin® and Intrinsic Factor
- Amount Per Serving
- Serving Size 1 Vegetarian Capsule • Servings Per Container 60
- each serving contains:
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1, as Thiamine HCI) 50 mg
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2, Riboflavin-5-Phosphate 20 mg
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3, as Niacinamide 50 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) 20 mg
- Folate (as L-methylfolate, Metafolin®) 400 mcg
- Vitamin B12(as methylcobalamin) 500 mcg
- Biotin 300 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5, as d-calcium pantothenate) 50 mg
- Intrinsic Factor (from porcine) 20 mg
- Other ingredients: Cellulose and vegetable stearate.
- Metafolin® is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Suggested Usage: 1 daily